Doctor NPI Look-up
QuickSCRIP offers the ability to search an off-site database provided by NPPES for NPI numbers. The NPI number can then be Inserted into the existing doctor or a new doctor can be Added to your Doctor File. In order for this feature to work, you must have a functioning internet connection.
Inserting an NPI into an Existing Doctor
- Start in the Rx Processing Menu and select 10 for the MD Doctor File Maint.
- Search for the Doctor you would like to update.
- Choose I for NPIFM and QuickSCRIP will connect to the off-site database.
- Now you can search the database for the doctor. A pick list will appear displaying possible matches. (This is a large database and may take a few seconds to compile.)
- Select the best match and review the displayed information. Be sure you have selected the correct doctor, then choose I to Insert the information into your doctor file. You will return to the Doctor File and the NPI will be updated.
Adding a Completely New Doctor
You can also add doctors from the NPI database into your doctor file. Search for the Doctor you want in the NPI look-up screen and Choose W to add the new doctor to your file.
If the NPI Look-up does not work, it could be due to connectivity issues with the off-site database. Be sure your internet connection is working, and if it is, we may need to restart the database server on our end. Please contact us at (866) 259-6091.