End Of Month Processes
The QuickSCRIP End-of-Month process is a monthly maintenance routine that updates drug sales info, prints sales and dispensing reports, and readies accounts receivables for statements.
To access the Month End Processes screen:
- Start from the Pharmacy Main Menu and Choose 6.
- You will be asked if it's time to run EOM, type Y and enter.
- You will be prompted for a password, the default is EOM, but this can be customized.
Note: It is recommended that you run the EOM after closing on the last day of the work month, or before opening on the first day of the new work month. Running this on the wrong day can mess up sales counters and report data, or apply charges to the wrong statements.
Accounts Receivables Cycle
The A/R Cycle options are for managing your billing cycles and running your charge statements. You will need to run the options with asterisks (*) in numerical order. All other commands are optional.
Note: If you do not use QuickSCRIP's Accounts Receivables and Charge Accounts features, skip these steps and proceed to Month End Processes.
1. Close Old Month, Setup New (Mandatory)
- This step closes out charge accounts and tallies charge totals for this billing cycle. Any charges applied after this step has been run will appear on next month's statements.
2. Invoice Journal
- A listing of all the transactions (invoices) that have been made through the month.
3. Detailed Trial Balance
- Generates a listing (by customer or account) that shows each account, each transaction, and then a total for that account.
4. Short Trial Balance
- Same as the report above, but just has the totals, instead of listing all activity on the account.
5. Statements (Mandatory)
- This step prints statements to your designated printer. These can be run by billing group, alphabetically, or by account number. QuickSCRIP will remind you to ready your forms, if you use pre-printed statement paper.
6. Aged Balance List
- Generates a list that shows the current standing for each charge account, as well as values for 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day past-due values.
7. Roll Balances Forward (Mandatory)
- Finalizes the A/R EOM process. Rolls billing totals over to begin logging next month's charges.
RX Month End Processes
The RX Month End Processes should be run by all pharmacies. This part of the EOM process prints sales reports, updates drug histories, and resets monthly tracking counters.
10. Update Drug Sales History (Mandatory)
- Updates the sales history counters in Drug File Maintenance Screens (lines 54 - 65).
11. Reset Medicaid & Insurance Counters (Mandatory)
- Certain insurances have limits on the number of scrips and refills you can fill per month. This process resents those counters to zero.
12. Prev Month RX Sales Report (Mandatory)
- Generates a sales report for the previous month. Data shows cash vs third party vs medicaid sales. This report can be reran for multiple date ranges.
13. GA Medicaid Override Report
- Lists all medicaid scrips in the previous month that required overrides (/PA55, /PA66, /PA99888)
14. Rebuild Medicaid M-T-D Counters
- Rebuilds the month-to-day counters on patients.
15. Schedule 2 Rx list
- Prints all schedule 2 prescriptions filled in the previous month.