Certain Insurances, MAR forms, or State Controlled Substance Reports require the addition of a diagnosis code in ICD9 or ICD10 format.
The following commands can be entered into the SIG lines on any prescription:
- /IC= - will send the diagnosis code to the insurance and on the controlled substance report.
- /ICT= - will send the diagnosis code only on the controlled substance report.
In the Customer File
/DG - This command is entered on the patient's third party notes, lines #12 and #13, and will be sent to the insurance and on the controlled substance report. Use this command if a particular patient always needs a Diagnosis code on all of their prescriptions.
On the Drug File
Under very specific circumstances, there are certain drugs that are always used to treat a particular diagnosis. Pull up the drug in Drug File Maint. Go to Line #38, Code. Choose option ICD10 code and enter the desired code. Entering the diagnosis code here will only send it on the controlled substance report.
This field is used to indicate treatment. Send this field if the prescriber provides this information on the prescription. So far, this field is only used in the TN controlled Substance Report.
/DSP=xx Use this command in the SIG lines with the following codes:
- 01 - Not Used for Opioid Dependency Treatment
- 02 - Used for Opioid Dependency Treatment
- 03 - Pain Associated with Active and Aftercare Cancer Treatment
- 04 - Palliative Care in Conjunction with a Serious Illness
- 05 - End-of-Life and Hospice Care
- 06 - A Pregnant Individual with a Pre-existing Prescription for Opioids
- 07 - Acute Pain for an Individual with an Existing Opioid Prescription for Chronic Pain
- 08 - Individuals Pursing an Active Taper of Opioid Medications
- 09 - Patient is Participating in a Pain Management Contract
- 99 - Medical Necessity