Windows 7 will no longer be HIPAA compliant after January 14, 2020. We recommend everyone move all of their existing PCs to Windows 10. The upgrade is currently free, but we are unsure how long this will last. Keep reading to find out how to upgrade your system!
What version am I on?
To find out which version of Windows you are running, Click on Start and Run or press the Windows Key + R to open the Run box. Type winver and hit enter. A box will come up showing you which version of windows you are currently running. If you are running Windows 7, we suggest you upgrade to Windows 10.
Issues and Warnings!
- Contact us before upgrading your computers. We want to be prepared to help you.
- Upgrades can take 2 – 5 hours. You do not have to stay at the PC the whole time.
- Run Upgrades Mon – Thur so we will be available to help you the next morning.
- Upgrades may cause the following issues you will need to contact us to correct:
- You will NOT be able to receive SureScripts.
- QuickSCRIP label and report printers will not print.
- Parallel Printers will no longer work and need to be changed to USB.
- You may lose saved website usernames and passwords.
- You may have issues with CSOS orders.
- ActiveFax may have to be upgraded to a new version.
- Hardcopy Scanner software will need to be reinstalled.
Running the Windows 10 Upgrade
- Run a QuickSCRIP CD backup before you start upgrading your QuickSCRIP server.
- Download and run Windows 10 Upgrade
- Click Next through the options and follow the prompts.
- We can assist you with the upgrade after hours for a fee.