Our friends at The Institute for Wellness and Education are offering a live CE, Therapeutic Opportunities Through CBD.
Speaker: Dr. Alex Capano, DNP, CRNP, FNP-BC, MSN/BSN
Professor, Lambert Center for the Study of Medicinal Cannabis at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia PA
Date: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 3:00P – 5:00P
Location: Mercer University, School of Pharmacy
3000 University Drive, Atlanta, GA
This Class will Fill Up FAST! Register Today.
Cost to Attend:
1st Person from Pharmacy / Pharmacist – $50.00
2nd Person from Pharmacy / Pharmacy Technician – $25.00
3rd and Subsequent from Pharmacy – $15.00/each
Registration: Call 678-285-0760 EXT 1010 or
1. Define the term CBD – the phytocannabinoids derived from a legally grown hemp plant.
2. Explain the physiology of the endocannabinoid system (ECS), particularly as a messaging system for biological activity.
3. List the primary therapeutic benefits within the ECS through the use of full-spectrum, non-psychoactive phytocannabinoids.
4. Describe the pharmacology and potential efficacy of the non-psychoactive phytocannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) as a therapeutic treatment, including safety profile, drug interaction, dose recommendations.
5. Recognize, select, and assemble the up-to-date scientific resources on CBD therapy to provide appropriate patient counseling and care through this evolving industry.
The Institute for Wellness and Education, Inc., is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants of the session who complete the evaluation and provide accurate CPE Monitor e-Profile information will have their credit for 2.0 contact hours (0.20 CEU) submitted to CPE Monitor within 60 days of the event.
Please know that if accurate CPE Monitor e-Profile number is not provided within 60 days of the event, credit cannot be claimed after that time. NO Exceptions allowed.
ACPE program numbers are: 0459-0000-19-007-L01-P & 0459-0000-19-007-L01-T Initial release date is 01/20/2019.