Forum

itcher on Wedne  

RSS

yyys123
(@yyys123)
Trusted Member
17/05/2019 2:18 am  

PEORIA, Ill. Cheap Atlanta Falcons Jerseys Online . -- Wichita State is all alone in the record book. Again using a balanced offence and tenacious defence, the second-ranked Shockers became the first Division I team to reach 30-0 in the regular season with a 69-49 victory over Bradley on Tuesday night. "To be the first and only team in college basketball to win 30 without a loss in the regular season," Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall said when asked about his theme for the game. "I realize were playing more games ... but it has never happened in the regular season. "So its a first. And these guys like to be the first, and the best." Ron Baker had 15 points to lead four Wichita State players in double figures as the Shockers became the 11th team to reach 30-0, the previous 10 all hitting the 30-win mark during post-season play. The last team to reach 30-0 was UNLV in 1990-91. The Runnin Rebels went 34-0 that season before losing to Duke in the national semifinals. The Shockers (30-0, 17-0 Missouri Valley Conference) have one more regular-season game, at home Saturday against Missouri State. The last team to finish a regular season unbeaten was Saint Josephs in 2003-04 at 27-0. The next season, Illinois got to 29-0 before losing its regular-season finale at Ohio State. A barrage of 3-pointers early in the second half broke it open for Wichita State, which beat Bradley (12-18, 7-10) for the 10th straight time and second this season. After Bradley trimmed a 10-point halftime deficit to eight, Shockers point guard Fred VanVleet made consecutive 3s for a 14-point lead, the visitors largest to that point. By the 12:50 mark, Cleanthony Early had added a 3-pointer and Baker made two 3s off screens for a 50-32 lead. Wichita State finished the game 11 of 21 from beyond the arc, with four players making two or more. Bradley was 4 of 14. "End-of-shot-clock 3s. That was it," Bradley coach Geno Ford said. "Im not saying we were going to win, but you hold them to seven offensive rebounds and have just six turnovers? Ill take it. "The difference was late-shot-clock 3s and their length at the basket." Ford went on to laud the Shockers defence. "At the rim, they have unbelievable length," Ford said. "Its length and it comes from anywhere. Even (6-foot-3) Baker. "Theyre absolutely terrific at help and recover, and they deny (wing passes). You cant find five teams in the country with that (combination)." Tyshon Pickett finished with 13 points and 15 rebounds for Bradley after nearly reaching a double-double in the first half with 10 points and nine rebounds. Pickett was just 5-of-20 from the field and leading scorer Walt Lemon Jr. was 6 for 20 and had 18 points. "I hate to get beat on the glass," Marshall said of his teams 37-36 rebound disadvantage. "But (Pickett) was a monster. He beasted us a little." Tekele Cotton scored 13 points, Early 12 and VanVleet had 11 for Wichita State, a Final Four participant a year ago. Reserve Darius Carter added nine points and seven rebounds and had one of the Shockers six blocked shots. Miserable shooting prevented Bradley from mounting much of a threat. The Braves were at 25 per cent (11 for 44) through 30 minutes and finished 16 for 59 (27.1 per cent). Bradley was playing host to its highest-ranked opponent since 1982, when then-No. 2 Wichita State lost 55-47 to the Braves who went on to win the NIT. The Shockers led 35-25 at halftime after holding the Braves to 8-of-34 shooting (23.5 per cent). The game was a matchup of the top two defensive teams in the conference, though Wichita State (60.8 points per game) leads Bradley (65.5) comfortably. Offensively, Wichita State is also the MVCs best (75.8) while Bradley (63.8) is last. The No. 2 ranking equals the highest ranking in Wichita State history, matching the 1981-82 team. Cheap Atlanta Falcons Gear . The biggest shock of this seasons competition was on when Watford took a 2-0 lead after 30 minutes at Etihad Stadium, only for a remarkable Aguero-led comeback by City in the final half-hour. The Argentina striker produced clinical finishes in the 60th and 79th minutes to level the score before Aleksandar Kolarov put City in front in the 87th. Atlanta Falcons Jerseys Outlet . You can, too, Clay Buchholz, if we ignore the sixth inning of Game 2. Doug Fister and Jake Peavy, youre up next in Game 4 and theres a lot to live up to.SAN DIEGO -- The Kansas City Royals had to work overtime to end a season-high, five-game losing streak and get their first win at Petco Park. Alex Gordon singled in the go-ahead run with one out in the 11th inning and pinch-hitter Billy Butler followed with an RBI double to give the Royals a 3-1 victory against the San Diego Padres on Tuesday night. The Royals also got great pitching from starter Jeremy Guthrie and relievers Wade Davis and Greg Holland, who held San Diego to one run on six hits. "We knew that we were 0-7 in this place and we needed to change that," manager Ned Yost said. "Our pitching allowed us to do that tonight. Guthrie, Wade Davis, Holland, were all fantastic. They kept us in position, right there in the ballgame, until we could break it open. It took us 11 innings to do it, but the pitching was tremendous." Eric Hosmer started the winning rally when he hit a leadoff double to centre off Nick Vincent (0-1). Gordon singled to right with one out and Hosmer beat the throw home with a headfirst slide, touching the plate with his left hand. "A long losing streak it seems like, so we just needed something positive to happen there," Gordon said. "I was able to find a hole. It works." Butler then doubled in Gordon. "I think the frustration was kicking in a little bit but hopefully this can motivate us a little bit," Gordon said. Davis (2-1) pitched two innings of one-hit ball for the victory, striking out four. Greg Holland, who blew the save Monday night, pitched the 11th for his eighth save in nine chances. Guthrie went a season-high eight innings, allowing one run and four hits, with two strikeouts and one walk. "He threw strikes, changed speeds and kept the ball down," Yost said. "The air was thick tonight and the ball didnt really carry so that really benefited me and helped me to get deep in the game," Guthrie said. "Overall I dont think I had my best stuff, but thee park played to my advantage tonight. Stitched Atlanta Falcons Jerseys. " The Padres were denied their first three-game winning streak of the season. The teams played extra innings for the second straight night. San Diego won 6-5 in 12 innings Monday night. The Royals had a scoring chance in the ninth against Huston Street. Alcides Escobar singled to centre and stole second and third, all with one out. He tried to score on Lorenzo Cains pop foul down the first-base line but was thrown out by Kyle Blanks to end the inning. "I was surprised the runner was going," catcher Yasmani Grandal said. "Kyle has a very good arm. For him that was an easy catch and throw." Each starter gave up a home run. San Diegos Yasmani Grandal homered for the second straight game, a solo shot to right field off Guthrie with one out in the fourth for a 1-0 lead. It was his fourth, moving him into the team lead. Grandal hit a tying three-run shot in the sixth inning Monday night. Salvador Perez tied it with a homer leading off the sixth off San Diegos Robbie Erlin. It was Perezs third. "I wanted to get it on his hands. But I left it out over the middle of the plate," Erlin said. Erlin got a no-decision after losing his previous four starts. He allowed one run and three hits in seven innings, struck out five and walked four. "My curve felt good," he said. "It felt like my offspeed pitches were what I was on with. I was trying to get a feel for my fastball." NOTES: Vincent gave up three hits in the 11th. He had given up only three hits combined in his last 11 outings. ... Manager Bud Black said the Padres will call up a pitcher on Wednesday because the bullpen has been taxed. ... Black said 3B Chase Headley could be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Saturday. Hes been out with a strained right calf. ... The series concludes Wednesday when Kansas Cityants Jerseys ' ' '

ReplyQuote
Share: